Motivating struggling learners
- Detalhes do artigo
- Acessórios incluídos
Editor Taylor & Francis
Indisponível em loja
7 dias por semana
gratuitas em loja
gratuito em loja
Resumo Motivating struggling learners
Every day, teachers face the challenge of motivating struggling learners. In this must-have book, Barbara R. Blackburn, author of the bestseller Rigor Is Not a Four-Letter Word, shares how you can finally solve this problem and make your classroom a rigorous place where all students want to succeed.
You’ll learn practical strategies for...
- understanding extrinsic and intrinsic motivation;
- building a trusting relationship with students;
- using praise and positive feedback effectively;
- empowering students and helping them own their learning;
- moving students toward a growth mindset;
- communicating high expectations for students;
- engaging all students in your lessons;
- scaffolding so all students will want to improve;
- helping students be resilient and not fear failure; and
- celebrating diverse groups of students.
Each chapter is filled with a variety of examples and tools that you can use immediately. Bonus: Many of the tools are also available as free eResources on our website, www.routledge.com/9781138792432, so you can easily download and print them for classroom use.
Características detalhadasMotivating struggling learners
CARACTERÍSTICAS DO EBOOK
- Formato ePub
- Editor Routledge
- Data de lançamento junho 2015
- EAN 9781317647171