PAT METHENY [August 12, 1954]
Pat Metheny was born in Kansas City into a musical family. Starting on trumpet at the age of 8, Metheny switched to guitar at age 12. By the age of 15, he was working regularly with the best jazz musicians in Kansas City, receiving valuable on-the-bandstand experience at an unusually young age. Metheny first burst onto the international jazz scene in 1974.
Over the course of his three-year stint with vibraphone great Gary Burton, the young Missouri native already displayed his soon-to-become trademarked playing style, which blended the loose and flexible articulation customarily reserved for horn players with an advanced rhythmic and harmonic sensibility - a way of playing and improvising that was modern in conception but grounded deeply in the jazz tradition of melody, swing, and the blues. With the release of his first album, Bright Size Life (1975), he reinvented the traditional "jazz guitar" sound for a new generation of players.
Throughout his career, Pat Metheny has continued to re-define the genre by utilizing new technology and constantly working to evolve the improvisational and sonic potential of his instrument.
- Música Jazz & Blues ECM Records ECM Pat Metheny
- Música ECM Records
- Música Música a preço de Download Jazz & Blues a Preço de Download
- Música Jazz & Blues ECM Records Top Fnac ECM
- Música Jazz & Blues ECM Records ECM Antologias :rarum
- Música Jazz & Blues Jazz & Blues a Preço de Download Jazz & Blues a 10€
- Música Música em Vinil ECM Vinyl
- Música Jazz & Blues ECM Records ECM Vinil