Sports Media covers reporting, anchoring, and production, and offers thorough descriptions of the sports reporter and anchor's function in sports journalism. This text offers important historical background on the evolution of the sports industry, some grounding in the business of sports, and a discussion of social issues including the experience of women in sports journalism.
New to this edition:
- An introduction focused on the intersection of economics, technology, and culture that drives modern sports journalism
- Interviews with industry experts currently working in the field of sports journalism
- The evolution of the industry to today’s audience-driven, social media-influenced landscape
- Reporting as storytelling in a modern media environment
- A companion website (www.routledge.com/cw/schultz) featuring video and audio examples from the authors’ own work to illustrate concepts from the text, links to additional examples and further resources, video tours of production facilities, video interviews with leaders in the field, and an updated instructor’s manual.