|Editor||Human Kinetics Publishers|
Serious triathletes may be the most tech-savvy of all athletes. You have the latest devices and know that data to improve your performance are at hand, but putting it all together can be a daunting, confusing task.
Triathlete, coach, researcher, and author Jim Vance maintains that, despite access to the relevant information, most triathletes start a race undertrained or overtrained. That’s why he’s developed Triathlon 2.0: Data-Driven Performance Training, the first program to take advantage of the latest science and technology.
Triathlon 2.0 examines the sport’s most popular devices, including cycling power meters, GPS trackers, and heart rate monitors. Capture the most accurate readings, learn what they mean, and, just as important, what they don’t. Then, put the numbers to work for you, translating your data into a comprehensive program based on your performance needs and triathlon goals.
With Triathlon 2.0, you will learn these skills:
• Establish and identify optimal aerobic fitness base.
• Determine the exact number of intervals for the most effective training and quickest recovery.
• Identify performance markers to track training results.
• Develop a tapering plan for peak performance.
• Monitor pace and progress in real time.
If you’re serious about maximizing performance, then turn to the only program built around your personal performance data. With Triathlon 2.0, the power and plan are in your hands.